You will be involved in a variety of classroom and homework activities. You may watch DVDs which explore cultural and social issues. You will take part in various activities which build on these things, such as classroom debates and presentations. All of this will feed into your thinking about choosing your topic and then writing about it.
Class time will be spent developing the skills that are needed to produce a competent piece of academic writing.
You will also be spending a lot of time outside the classroom practising these skills.
Here are some examples of the sort of activities you'll be doing throughout the module:
· Discussing possible topics with tutor and fellow students.
· Doing exercises to help you read more effectively.
· Practising note taking techniques.
· Developing an academic written style.
· Learning how to do academic referencing
Your tutor will select suitable materials to help you to develop these academic writing skills.