To ensure safety against fire, the Associate Dean of Sino-British College Yu Lin,student counsellor Sun Yucui and Fang Jiaojiao companied by members of Youth Committee had an examination of fire safety on March, 11stin student dormitory.
The teachers went into each room, checked whether there was any insecurity of the electricity use. Most of rooms were good, but some were not. For example, the electric wires in some rooms were not fixed, they were scattered round the room. Some students were still using high-power electrical appliances. Some students did not shut down the power when they left their rooms for a long time. Students were asked to change their incorrect use of the electricity by the teachers. They told each student the way how to safely use the electricity, and asked them not to privately connect electrical wires and not to use high-power electrical appliances without school permission.
Yu stressed importance on safe use of electricity. She required that every student should enhance their awareness of the importance of safe use of electricity, and observe the University regulations on how to use the electricity in dormitory to safeguard their own safety. Students said that they would do as the University required them to do, and would not use the power strip of bad quality and electrical appliances any more, and they would shut down the power when they did not use it.